Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chico

This morning i whistled for our dog Chico. It was early and the dew was laying about were ever there was shadow. Chico did not arrive. Hmmm...... He is off on an adventure again.
Later this morning i whistled again and up he gets from the tree bark piled around the trees, as if he had been there all night..... right, you sly dog you. Off on an adventure and then pretending to be just getting up.
It was time to tie him up so he does not follow me to school. So, I walk to the car and throw my lunch in the back seat. Chico sees this and knows i am not taking the truck. So therefore he knows that he cannot come with me. He stares at me with some kind of hope and a longing look in his eye but no,.... i walk past the truck towards his chain. He does not follow. I call him and he does not come. I call him again and he just looks at me. I crouch down and call him. This usually works. No. he watches and waits. His tail is still. I insist he come and he finally moves. He jogs toward me but changes his mind and hurries to the quad and jumps up on the box on the back rack. he looks at me again with that look of , I would rather go quadding than be tied up look. Poor creature.
I tied him up any way.

1 comment:

Donna DesRoches said...

Poor Chico - he just wants to go to school!